Located in Plaza de los Dolores or Capuchinos, the Cristo de los Faroles (Christ of the Lanterns) is a quintessential example of Cordoba’s squares. Presiding over the square is the agonizing Christ, surrounded by eight black wrought-iron lanterns. This image, dating back to 1794, is attributed to Goméz de Sandoval or Juan de Navarra. It stands amidst the simplicity of the Convento de los Capuchinos (1638, Cordoba, 18th century) and the artistic facade of the Hospital de San Jacinto, Church of Los Dolores (1728, Neoclassical-Baroque, 17th century), which lends its name to the square. The Virgin of Gran Culto in Cordoba is honored here.
In the same square, one can find a typical brick house from Alcalá de Henares and a traditional tavern from Madrid.
Exiting through the Puerta de la Judería (Jewish Quarter Gate) in the Santa Cruz neighborhood of Seville (a Moorish brick arch on granite pillars), we venture into Callejón del Agua, which leads us to the Baths of the Jewish Quarter of Baza.