The Tower of the Church of Santa Catalina in Valencia is a part of the original church that was built on the site of a former mosque. In 1245, it had already gained the status of a parish.
During the 16th century, the building was adorned with Renaissance-style classical decoration, and after a devastating fire in 1548, it underwent partial reconstruction.
In 1875, following the prevailing fashion, a Baroque appearance was given to the tower. In the 1950s, restoration work was carried out to restore its original Gothic features, removing much of the Baroque and Neoclassical ornamentation.
The bell tower, constructed between 1688 and 1705 by Juan Bautista Viñes, is a masterpiece of Valencian Baroque. It has a hexagonal plan divided into four levels separated by moldings, along with the bell chamber and the uppermost section. It was initially called the "campanar salomònic" due to the helical columns adorning its top portion.
The tower is notable for the pilaster-like projections at its corners and the decorative stonework on its windows, reflecting an ephemeral Baroque style.
The bells were cast in London in 1729, and later, a clock was added to the eastern face.